Provincial Carding Program
DRAFT: 2015-2016 Provincial Carding Program
OCA Athlete Coaching Subsidy Program
The primary benefit of the OCA High Performance Athlete Coach Subsidy Program is to assist in off-setting coaching costs for the athlete. The OCA will make payments directly to the athlete’s coach in three (3) installments. The coach and the athlete must submit scheduled reports to the High Performance Manager. The coach must be at minimum fully certified NCCP Level 1/Intro Comp Trained.
A list of selected athletes will be posted in December.
Quest for Gold Ontario Athlete Assistance Program (OAAP)
Specific objectives of the Quest for Gold Program are:
- To help athletes continue their pursuit of athletic excellence at the highest levels of national and international competition;
- To encourage athletes to stay in Ontario to live and train;
- To compensate athletes for earnings lost while training during their summer school break;
- To enable athletes to successfully pursue excellence in sport while fulfilling their educational goals;
- To increase athletes’ access to high performance coaching; and
- To enhance training and competitive opportunities available to athletes.
Announcement of Draft List of Ontario Card Nominations and Appeal Procedures
Ontario Cycling Association [OCA] is pleased to announce a draft list of athletes and alternates who have been nominated for Ontario Cards under the 2015-2016 Quest for Gold – Ontario Athlete Assistance Program (OAAP). The athletes nominated were selected using the sport specific selection criteria developed by the OCA, approved by its Board of Directors and applied by the High Performance Committee.
Please note that this list is unofficial and is subject to change pending the outcome of any appeals and/or any re-selection decisions made by the OCA Selection Committee or the Quest for Gold Appeals Committee. As a consequence, this list should not be seen as final.
Athletes who have not been nominated and who wish to appeal this decision can do so by following the process set out in the Selection Criteria document (Click here to download PDF).