Cycling Canada will be holding a coach webinar Thursday January 29th at 7:30pm Eastern time. Please see details below.
Topic: How to Manage Concussions
- The goals of this webinar are as follows:
- review the definition, and signs/symptoms of a concussion
- review Cycling Canada’s concussion protocol,
- discuss the role of the coach/staff when a concussion happens during a project (use of SCAT3, etc) -Outline role of coach and Return to Play guidelines (On Field Management)
- Outline what treatments can be clinically for management (Medical/Clinical Management)
- Bridging the gap when the athlete returns to their home town. (Field Management-Clinical Management)
Speaker: Jenn Turner and Tara Lazarski
- Tara graduated from McMaster University with a Hons. Bachelor of Kinesiology and Masters of Science in Physiotherapy. She has completed her post graduate Diploma in Sports Physiotherapy and has advanced education in Manual therapy, acupuncture, and Retul motion analysis bike fitting. She began working in the cycling industry 12 years ago and currently travels with and is the IST lead with the National Mountain Bike Team. When not on the road with the team, she is the Owner/Director of Physiotherapy at Catalyst Kinetics in Vancouver, BC.
- Dr. Jenn Turner completed her Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Education at Brock University in St. Catharine’s, Ontario. After graduating, she continued her education at the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College and earned her Doctorate of Chiropractic. Dr. Turner is currently a resident in the Chiropractic Sports Sciences fellowship program in Vancouver, studying under some of the best clinicians and doctors in order to be a sports specialist herself. Jenn is a fully certified Active Release Techniques © practitioner as well as being trained in Graston Techniques ®. Her expertise as a chiropractor has taken Jenn around the world with her job with Cycling Canada. Her career highlight occurred the summer as she worked at the 2012 Olympic Games in London. Jenn has been working with Cycling Canada during the past 8 years in the Track, Road and BMX programs and was proud to see some of her athletes win a bronze medal at these Games. Jenn owns two clinics: Moveo Sport & Rehabilitation Centre, in North Vancouver, and Optimum Sport Performance & Health Centre in Chilliwack, both multi-disciplinary clinics that target the active population that is so common to BC.
Date/Time: Thursday January 29th, 2015 7:30pm eastern time
How to register: If you would like to participate in this workshop, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details on how to connect. If you would like to receive NCCP Professional Development Points, please include your NCCP#.