Goal: To provide targeted MTB athletes with an early season competition opportunity and on-trail camp focused on technical skill development.
The Ontario Cycling Association will once again host a mountain bike camp in Victoria, BC using a variety of trail systems including at the Bear Mountain and Heartland facilities. Athletes will be working on a number of technical skills using video feedback along with coach and peer analysis. The camp will also include participation in Canada Cup #1 at Bear Mountain.
CAMP DETAILS [tentative]
Location: Victoria, BC
Dates: March 24-April 3, 2020 [tentative]
Camp Size: 6-10 athletes; 2-3 coaches/staff
Coaching Staff: Rob Holmgren, TBA
Cost: $500 + flight [estimate only]
Includes: Accommodation, internal transportation, coaching/support, mechanic to prep bikes prior to race, off-bike training [gym/workshops]
- Aged 16 -22 (2020)*
- UCI Licensed by Ontario Cycling Association
- Strong performance/experience at national/international level competition
- Committed to representing Canada at international events
- Demonstrated commitment to Team Ontario programming
- Positive teammate, good sportsmanship, respectful of coaches and support staff
*exceptions may be considered
SELECTION CRITERIA [in-conjunction with athlete profile characteristics]
The project will involve between 6-10 athletes depending on logistics and funding support.
This project is part of the MTB Training Group Program and athletes in good standing do not require an application for this project and are automatically included if interested in attending.
Additional selections will be made based on the following criteria (in priority order):
1) Athletes selected to 2019 MTB World Championships
2) Athletes selected to represent Canada at a 2019 MTB World Cup event
3) Athletes placing in the top 5 at 2019 U19/U23 Canadian MTB Championships*
4) Athletes placing top 5 at 2019 U17 Canadian MTB Championships*
5) Athletes with a podium finish in a 2019 Canada Cup*
6) Committee selection based on athlete results, potential for national/international success, and commitment to the sport
*Tiebreaking will be done using this following process:
- Gender balance
- Higher placing at national championships
- Previous commitment and participation with Team Ontario
- Committee decision
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Interested athletes are asked to complete the following link no later than February 5, 2020.
Application: Click Here