2019 BMX Canadian National Championships
Date: July 6, 2019
Location: Toronto, ON
Application: Interested athletes must complete the following online application by June 12, 2019: Apply Here
Selection Date: June 17, 2019
The Ontario Cycling Association is offering athletes an opportunity to represent Team Ontario at the 2019 Canadian National Championships.
Selected athletes will have their entry fees covered and be provided a Team Ontario jersey.
Athletes must wear the Ontario Jersey and are required to sign and adhere to the OCA Code of Conduct.
Team Size/Composition: Maximum of 8 athletes
Requirements: Athletes must be in Championship Classes [U19 & U23] or Junior Development Classes [U17]
Athlete selection will be prioritized as follows*:
- OHPSI Identified Athletes [as of April 2019]
- QFG Carded Athletes [BMX]
- Athletes that have been selected as part of Cycling Canada’s NextGen Program
- Athletes that had top 5 performances at 2018 Nationals Championships in Championship Classes
- Athletes who have achieved a podium result at BMX Canada National Events or main event finishes at USA BMX expert main events
- *It will be at the discretion of the OCA High Performance Committee, in-conjunction with the High Performance Manager and coaches to select athletes who have demonstrated a commitment to the sport and have the ability to podium at these competitions, regardless of whether the athlete meets the above criteria.