CADET & JUNIOR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS TEAM SELECTION
The 2019 Junior Canadian Track National Championships will be taking place in Milton, Ontario (April 12- 14). The OCA will focus on team events (Team Pursuit, Team Sprint) at the Junior National Championships. From amongst the athletes selected to Team’s of Ontario teams, invited athletes who do not have club support will have the option of racing for Team Ontario in individual events. The OCA will provide race support, mechanical support, equipment, and race clothing for these athletes.
- To identify and select Ontario athletes with the potential to win a medal at the Junior Track Championships in the Team Pursuit and the Team Sprint.
- From among those athletes, to identify and select athletes with the potential to win a medal at the Junior Track Championships in the individual track events.
National Championships Pool Selection Criteria
Athletes will be selected to the Pool based on the following criteria
- Athletes representing Canada at Junior World Championships
- Athletes included in Ontario’s training programs (HP Training Group, Tier 1, Tier 2)
- Athletes meeting time standards (Level 3) published in the OCA Athlete Selection and Monitoring Document. Athlete must have met the time standard at a sanctioned event within the 6 months prior to selection.
National Championship Team Selection Criteria
Selection to the Team will be made from among Pool athletes, based on the recommendations of the provincial coaches, taking into account the performance objectives, athletes’ ranking on OCA’s Track Athlete Assessment Tool, and athletes’ performances. Selection to the Start List of each event will be at the discretion of the Provincial Coach.
Selections to Teams of Ontario will take place following the Provincial Championships.
Start Lists will be determined on the day of the event.
Mandatory Team Training Sessions
March 11, 12, 14, 15 – 9:00-10:30 & 1:30-3:00
March 23 – 10:00-12:00 & 3:00-4:30
March 30 – 10:00-12:00 & 3:00-4:30
April 3 -2:00-5:00 (TBC)
April 10 – 2:00-5:00
NOTE: Sessions will be split between Cadet and Junior teams. Team specific schedule TBD.