UCI Nations Cup Stage Race held annually in the Abitibi region of Quebec.
Date: July 14-21, 2019
Applications due by: May 22, 2019 Click HERE for Application
Final Selection Date: July 1, 2019 [sooner depending on Team Canada selections]
Cost: $800 – $900 [TBC] – Includes travel, race registration, accommodations, meals, coaching and mechanical services.
- To achieve a Top 10 finish on any of the 7 stages
- To achieve a Top 20 finish in the overall GC
- To achieve a Top provincial team ranking in the overall team standings
- To provide athletes with high level international race experience
- To provide recognition of development programs that athletes represent
Athletes must apply online at https://ccnbikes.com/#!/events/6836-2019-team-ontario-tour-de-labitibi
Please note that within the application you will be asked the following:
- Please provide your goals for this project and reasons why you feel you would be a good selection for the team [strengths]
- Please provide and a link to Training Peaks and/or a brief overview of the races you plan to attend
Mandatory Participation Events
- Ontario Road Provincial Championships
- Canadian Road National Championships 2019
- Abitibi Team Training Day and Overview– Saturday July 6, 2019
Athletes will be considered if they meet any of the following**
- OHPSI Identified Athletes
- Top 15 placing – 2019 U19 Canadian Road Championships [RR/TT]
- Top 5 U19 Athletes O-Cup standings [Cat 1/2] as of June 30, 2019
- Top 2 U19 Athletes O-Cup standings [Cat 3] as of June 20, 2019
- Top 3 of the U19 Provincial Championships
- Coach/Committee’s Choice (based on other high level competitions and O-Cup performances);
**Achieving one or more of the above does not guarentee selection and final decision will remain with the High Performance CommitteeFinal Selection – Six (6) Athletes will be chosen by the Head Coach in-conjunction with the the High Performance Manager and approved by High Performance Committee to represent Team Ontario at the Tour de l’Abitibi. The Committee will be evaluating athletes based on the following items [equally weighted]:
- Athlete performance results during the 2018/19 seasons with additional emphasis placed on 2019 performances at higher level events such as Canadian Road National Championships
- Athlete strengths as it relates to the needs of the team
- Athlete ability to work as a team
The Ontario Cycling Association will be selecting athletes to represent Team Ontario at the Canadian Mountain National Championships. Any interested athletes are asked to submit their application online at HERE
Anticipated Team Format
Team Composition: A maximum of 12 athletes will be selected to represent Ontario. Athletes will need to meet the minimum requirements outlined below. Each category [U17/U19/U23] will need to be filled with a minimum of one athletes [who achieved minimum criteria] with additional category selections based on prioritization format below.
Races to be used for selection:
- Canada Cup#1 Bear Mountain
- Canada Cup #2 Mont Tremblant
- Canada Cup #3 Baie-Saint-Paul
- O-Cup#3 Kelso
- O-Cup#4 Port Hope
- Athletes must participate in a minimum of two (2) selection events [one event must be a Canada Cup]
- Athletes must complete a minimum of one (1) Canada Cup within 10% of the winner’s time
- U23 athletes must have one (1) result within the top 10 at a Canada Cup listed above
- U19 athletes must have a top 8 result at a Canada Cup listed above
- U17 athletes must have a top 4 result at a Canada Cup listed above
- U19/U23 Athletes with a podium result at the Canada Cups listed above
- U17 Athletes with a gold medal performance at a Canada Cup listed above
- U17/U19/U23 Winners of O-Cup#3 and O-Cup#4
Additional Athletes will be prioritized as follows:
1) Average placing based on the best two (2) results from the listed Canada Cups above
2) In a situation where there is a tie among the athlete results, the higher placing result will be used to break the tie
3) If a tie continues to exist, the top result from O-Cup#4 will be used
4) Should a tie continue to exist, the decision will be made by committee selection using input from coaches.
- Once all categories have a minimum of one (1) athlete [who has met the minimum criteria], additional athletes may be selected based on the prioritization outlined above.
- Any exceptions to the minimum requirements will be at the discretion of the High Performance Committee
If an athlete does not accept their selection, alternates may be invited based on prioritization outlined above.
Friday July 26, 2019
Time Trial: 9:30am
On-Bike Skills Session: 10:30am-12:30pm
Group Lunch: 1-2:30pm
Classroom Presentation (Topic TBA): 2:30-5pm
Saturday July 27, 2019
Kitchener Twilight Grand Prix Race: 12:00pm
- 30 min +2 laps (1.3km loop)
- Athletes responsible for own registration $55 before June 16 price increase
All participants must confirm registration by clicking the following link: https://ccnbikes.com/#!/events/7586-2019-hcc-speed-week-training-camp
- 2019 HCC Members: $0
- Non-2019 HCC Members: $25 (includes $25 HCC Membership, must be member to participate) please visit https://ccnbikes.com/#!/events/6086-handcycling-club-of-canada to purchase your membership
Kitchener Twilight Grand Prix Race Registration: $55-75 visit https://ccnbikes.com/#!/events/kitchener-twilight-grand-prix-2019 to register for the race
Holiday Inn Express & Suites – Waterloo/St.Jacobs
14 Benjamin Road, Waterloo | ON, N2J 2V9
Call hotel front desk with block code “HCC” in order to make reservations. Accessible rooms available. Group Rate: $179 per night (includes free breakfast, free parking) available if booked BEFORE JUNE 13. Athletes are encouraged to share rooms with other Camp participants. If coming on your own, contact Roger Koert (email@example.com) and we can connect you with a roommate.
The Ontario Cycling Association is accepting applications from female cyclists in the U17 and U19 categories to represent Team Ontario at Tour de l’avenir MaKadence (formerly Tour de la releve Rimouski). The project will be lead by Julia Farell.
Anyone interested is asked to complete an online application HERE no later than May 30, 2019.
Following applications, the OCA will determine whether there is enough interest to move ahead with the project and provide details regarding selection criteria.