The camp will continue to build on skills from camp#1 related to riding the skinnies, pump track, and jumplines with some additional items mixed into the day. The camp is open to OCA athletes 13-22 who are actively participating in the O-Cup MTB Series.
Registration will close December 11 to allow the coaching staff to better plan out and organize the day based on the athlete list.
Registration: https://ccnbikes.com/#!/events/8517-mtb-skills-camp2-joyride [deadline Dec. 11]
The Ontario Cycling Association will be hosting its annual February Endurance Camp to assist high performance athletes with building early-season base miles leading into the 2020 season. The camp will return to Girona, Spain following the success and feedback from last year’s camp. A change for this year will be that the camp will run the entire month of February with athletes having the option to attend the first two weeks, second two weeks, or the entire month [based on availability].
The primary focus of the camp will be on athletes who have demonstrated a potential for selection to international competition [e.g. U19/U23 World Championships] and commitment to pursue cycling to a national team level. At this time, we are asking athletes interested in this project to please complete the Expression of Interest link below to assist us in planning the details of the camp.
CAMP DETAILS [tentative]
Location: Girona, Spain
Dates: February 2 – 15; 16 – Mar 2; Feb 2 – Mar 2, 2020 [exact camp date to be finalized shortly]
Camp Size: 16 athletes in any given block [max]; 3-4 coaches/staff
Coaching Staff: Rob Holmgren, Peter Glassford, Molly Hurford, Lisa Holmgren,
Cost: $650/2 week block + flight [estimate only]
Includes: Accommodation, internal transportation [bus arranged], coaching/support, off-bike training [gym/workshops]
- Aged 17 -22 (2020)*
- UCI Licensed by Ontario Cycling Association
- Strong performance/experience at international level competition
- Strong results at 2019 Canadian Championships**
- Top 10 Road [TT/RR]
- Top 5 MTB [XCO]
- Top 5 Track [Endurance events]
- Demonstrated commitment to Team Ontario programming
- Positive teammate, good sportsmanship, respectful of coaches and support staff
- *exceptions may be considered
- **example results provided; additional consideration towards field size/strength, times, race performance
SELECTION CRITERIA [in-conjunction with athlete profile characteristics]
- Athletes selected into Track/MTB High Performance Training Group Programs [2019-2020]
- 2019/2020 OHPSI Identified Athletes
- 2019 U19/U23 Athletes with Top 5 placing at National Championship [MTB/Road]; Top 3 in Track Endurance events [IP, Points]
- 2019 U17 Athletes with Top 5 placing at National Championship [MTB/Road]; Top 3 in Track Endurance events [IP, Points]
- 2019 U19/U23 Athletes with Top 10 placing at National Championship [MTB/Road]; Top 5 in Track Endurance events [IP, Points]
- U17/U19/U23 eligible athletes based on coach/committee decision relating to performance/experience at national/international level competition, athlete performance/behavior at previous projects [good teammate, training partner, respectful of policies and staff]
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Interested athletes are asked to complete the following link no later than, November 12, 2019.