For those participating in the Calabogie Classic, we want you to be assured that we presently believe it’s likely conditions will be good enough to run the race this Sunday.
We are monitoring the weather closely and we will notify everyone no later than Thursday if things change and the race has to be postponed.
Please keep checking the website regularly and our social media accounts to ensure you are receiving the most up-to-date information about this weekend’s race.
UPDATE: The forecast looks good and the track is clear! Calabogie Classic will be going ahead! Be sure to register prior to Thursday April 19th at Midnight!
MEMBERSHIP TIMELINES INFORMATION (From April 10 Web Posting)
With a double race weekend coming up in just over a week (Calabogie Classic Road O-Cup #2 / Mansfield MTB-XC O-Cup #1) the OCA wanted to remind everyone that your licence should be applied for ASAP to allow time for processing prior to the event. Depending on the event, if your licence is not processed in time, you may be required to purchase a one-day permit (if your category and event is eligible). Proof of payment for a membership is not sufficient for racing. You must show your race licence.
Please be aware of the following membership timelines and instructions:
- Anyone looking to have their race licence in time for next weekend’s event should consider the below timelines noting that rush processing prior to noon on Friday guarantees your licence will be processed (barring any outstanding licence issues)
- If applying before Tuesday April 10 at Midnight – Regular processing likely will be fine however this is dependent on the number of last minute rush licences that come in.
- Thursday April 12 and Tuesday April 17 – Regular Rush Processing should be applied to any membership purchase for the weekend. These will be shipped by Purolator.
- Wednesday April 18 and Friday April 20 (Before Noon) – Express Rush Processing should be applied to any membership purchased for the weekend. The OCA also asks that you identify in the comments box of your application which race you are planning to attend. We will make every effort to have the licence available for pickup at that event.
All of the above timelines are subject to the application not having any outstanding issues. Common issues that will delay processing are:
- Missing Headshot Photo or Incorrect Headshot Photo Format
- Waiver Completed Incorrectly Online
- Waiver Not Completed
- Ineligible Category Selection
If you are planning to submit an upgrade or downgrade request for next weekend’s event, this MUST be done prior to Monday April 16 at Noon ET. Note: Simply putting an upgraded or downgraded category on your application is NOT a formal request. Please see the Membership Forms and Literature section of the OCA website for the applicable request form.