2015 Memberships/Licenses Now Available

2015 Licences and Memberships are now available. Please visit the link below to setup your account and apply for your licence. If you have an account with CCN Bikes from 2014, you must login with this account so that it recognizes your previous purchased items. Using a new account will create issues down the road with category selection or membership type availability.If you aren’t sure what email you used for your previous profile, please contact CCN Bikes (1-866-534-2453) and they will be happy to help you.A reminder that if you are purchasing a UCI Licence or Citizen Permit, you are not required to purchase an Affiliate Club Membership as well. Citizen Permits and UCI Licences include any Affiliate Club Member fee to the OCA. You may still be required to register with your actual club or team separately however and pay their membership cost to join.A reminder that licence processing is generally a 2-3 week process from time of application to actually receiving the membership however we do try our hardest to have it in a shorter time frame. (Unfortunately we cannot predict mailing time). For those who purchase ONLY an OCA Affiliate Club Membership, this membership card will be emailed to you in PDF format along with your membership registration confirmation email.Before applying remember to ask yourself the following questions as many of the below issues are what delays processing:

Is my club or team affiliated for 2015?

Clubs and teams are added to the affiliation drop down menu as they affiliate for the calendar year with the OCA. If your club or team is not on the list, they have yet to complete the affiliation process for 2015.If your club/team is not on the list, you will not be able to get your licence with their name on it until they do. Note to change any club/team name on a licence going forward after your card is printed is a $10 fee. 

Am I applying for a category I qualify for?

If you are looking to upgrade or downgrade and don’t have the points to do so, your licence will be delayed. All upgrade/downgrade requests outside of the point structure currently in place should be done using the OCA’s Upgrade/Downgrade Request Form. (Note this should be submitted before you apply for your licence) If you are applying in a category you aren’t permitted to race in, your licence processing will be delayed. 

Am I legally able to agree to the waiver?

Note anyone under the age of 19 MUST submit a parental/guardian signed waiver to the OCA to obtain their membership. No membership will be processed for riders under 19 without this signed waiver. 

Do I have an appropriate head-shot photo for my membership?

UCI License – MANDATORY PHOTOOnce again this year members will have to upload a head-shot to their profile (similar to a passport style photo- but smiling is allowed). This photo will be printed on the back of your licence card. Any photo that is not a head-shot photo or has any items like hats, helmets, sunglasses, etc. which block the viewing of a person’s face or head will be rejected and result in the licence taking longer to process.Citizen Permits – Optional PhotoCitizen Permit cards will have a spot for a head-shot photo similar to a UCI License. They must be less than 2MB in size and be similar to a passport or driver’s licence photo with no sunglasses, hats or helmets. 

Am I getting a UCI Race Licence, Technical Licence (Commissaire, Staff) or both?

If you are getting a technical race licence please be sure to choose this option in the select a licence section. If you are getting a race licence but are also a commissaire or coach or require a staff code like manager, soigneur, mechanic, etc. you will need to add the technical license membership option before completing your purchase. Note you will only be paying the race licence cost.Staff/Commissaire codes WILL NOT show up if you only select a race licence. The Technical License MUST be added for these codes to show up. 

I want to race at the Milton Velodrome this year. What licence do I need?

If you are planning to compete at the Milton Velodrome whether it be for Provincials, Nationals, an Ontario Cup or another OCA sanctioned event, you will be required to hold a UCI Track Licence. If you are looking to add Track to your existing UCI Liecnce, simply choose the track licence option in addition to your existing UCI Liecnce. The cost for the add-on is $25.00. If you are only looking to race at the Milton Velodrome this season, you can do so by purchasing a Track Only UCI Licence for $100 for adults, $75 for Junior/Youth (under 19). A reminder that all riders under 19 are eligible to race at the Velodrome with their OCA Citizen Permit in OCA sanctioned events only.

Do I need rush processing?

Once again the option is available to have the licence sent by courier to any Canadian address. There are two types of rush options available so be sure to know which you may require (if at all). If you require shipping outside of Canada, a separate rush processing fee will be charged.Any other questions? Please feel free to contact our office.