This year, Cycling Canada is looking to develop some opportunities for interested candidates (Parents, Friends etc.) who would have an interest in becoming a BMX Commissaire in Ontario.
As a commissaire you would be a key person responsible for ensuring that BMX competition is conducted within the boundaries of the UCI, Cycling Canada & OCA regulations.
Why you should become a commissaire?
- A way to make an active contribution to BMX competition in your Province
- You have an independent mind and confidence in your free will.
- You are interested in putting your qualities of organization at the service of your favorite sport.
At Provincial Level:
- Help facilitate growth of the sport locallyAct as both a participant and an educator
- Work closely with local organizers to ensure consistency with National/International rule sets
- Help athletes to understand basics rules
We are now recruiting people who would like to take the Provincial C Commissaire Course online, culminating with an invite for you to apply your new-found knowledge at the Toronto BMX Canada Cup on July 8-9, 2017 in Etobicoke Ontario.
The cost for the course is $25 and you can register now at this link: http://www.cyclingcanada.ca/provincial-c-introductory-commissaire-training/ (for more information: http://www.cyclingcanada.ca/officials-courses-training/)
In this course, you will learn how to prepare for races as a Commissaire, and the rules essential to officiating.
If you are interested please contact Kathy.firstname.lastname@example.org