Ontario Cycling Association and Mercedes-Benz Oakville are proud to present the 2019 Track Ontario Provincial Championship, held at Mattamy National Cycling Centre in Milton, Ontario on Friday March 1st to Sunday March 3rd. This event is the premier track event that represents the best of track cycling, drawing top riders from each discipline and age group to Milton for the three-day event.
The event is organized according to the distances and regulations adopted for the National Championships, as established by Cycling Canada (some exceptions may apply). If necessary, racing format may be changed at the discretion of the OCA and Chief Commissaire.
DATE: Friday, March 1st to Sunday, March 3rd, 2019
TIME: 9:00 AM – 10:00 PM (all three days)
LOCATION: Mattamy National Cycling Centre – 2015 Pan Am Blvd. Milton, Ontario
REGISTRATION OPENS: Friday, February 1st at 2:00 PM
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION ENDS: Tuesday, February 19th at midnight
REGISTRATION CLOSES: Tuesday, February 26th at 12:00 PM – NOON
- **NOTE: Registration will open to Out of Province and Out of Country riders on Friday, February 15th at 8:00 AM. Prior to that date, priority will be given to Ontario riders. Out of Province and Out of Country riders are asked to contact the OCA office at 416-855-1717 to be placed on an event waitlist, should any of the events be at capacity. OCA reserves the right to restrict entry on this basis.
- Only UCI licensed riders can compete (exception to U17 riders and 2nd year upgraded U15 riders – citizen permits will be allowed).
- Riders must have in their possession a valid 2019 UCI license with a track code, to present at registration.
- Riders must enter their National Age Category, regardless of previous upgrades.
- Under new Cycling Canada regulations, riders are not considered Master for Track until the age of 35. Anyone in the age 30-34 age group with a Master UCI license will be required to race in the Elite category.
- Caps have been placed on the number of entrants for each event due to capacity and track time. Register early to reserve your spot in the event. Please refer to the tech guide where caps have been published per event and category.
- In the event, a race reaches capacity please contact the OCA office to be added to the event waitlist. Please refer to the tech guide for waitlist procedures.
- Individuals who request registration and/or request to be placed on the waitlist AFTER registration has closed on Tuesday, February 26th at NOON, will be subject to a $50 late fee.
- If you are uncertain about eligibility, please contact the OCA office at 416-855-1717.
- Categories may be combined if necessary, based on number of entries or at the discretion of the OCA. Final category groupings will be posted online on Thursday, February 28th.
- For Para tandem events, both pilot and stoker must register individually within CCN.
- Please refer to the tech guide for race distances and field limits.
- Categories shall include:
- U17 Women (15-16 years of age) Master A Men (35-44 years of age)
- U17 Men (15-16 years of age) Master B Men (45-54 years of age)
- Junior Women (17-18 years of age) Master C/D Men (55+ years of age)
- Junior Men (17-18 years of age) Elite Women (19+ years of age)
- Master A Women (35-44 years of age) Elite Men (19+ years of age)
- Master B Women (45+ years of age) Para Men
- Para Women
- NOTE: U15 athletes are encouraged to register for the Youth Track Development Series Finale on February 23rd where Individual Pursuits will run as a Provincial Championship category.
- Athletes must race in the National Age Category on their licenses regardless of previous upgrades.
- 2nd year U15 riders subject to upgrade policy may be eligible for an upgrade to race U17, subject to availability. All upgrade requests must be submitted to the Upgrade Committee as per the upgrade policy by Tuesday, February 19th at 12:00PM – NOON.
- Upgrade policy documents are available on the OCA website: CLICK HERE
- Events offered at the Provincial Championship include:
- Individual Pursuit Time Trial (Kilo/500m)
- Points Race Keirin
- Scratch Race Team Pursuit (non-championship)
- Match Sprint Team Sprint (non-championship)
- Please refer to the tech guide for an outline of the event schedule.
- Once a rider is registered and on the official start list, they will be fined $50 should they not appear on the start line or delay the start of the event.
- Team Registration will be done via CCN.
- Only one (1) person per team is required to register the team on CCN.
- Team composition (including alternate riders) will be finalized onsite as per the deadlines outlined within the tech guide.
- All team members must have a valid license that matches the category they have registered within. No intermixing of categories shall be permitted to form a team (exception for combined categories Elite/Junior Women and Elite/Master Men).
- A separate result and podium will be presented for each category, should there be sufficient number of participants (N+1) within each category.
- In the case of a points race, where categories are combined, it will be run as a single event whereby points are only awarded to the first four (4) riders on a sprint lap regardless of their category.
- Podium presentations will occur for the top three (3) athletes in each category, for each event.
- If a non-Ontario participant finished in the top three (3) placings, a separate podium will be held for championship medals.
- Provincial medals will only be awarded to the top three (3) ONTARIO athletes in each category for each event listed below. An Ontario participant is defined as anyone duly licensed by the OCA.
- Provincial Championship medals will only be awarded for the following events:
- Individual Pursuit Points Race
- Individual Time Trial (Kilo/500m) Keirin
- Scratch Race Sprint
Any questions related to the 2019 Track Ontario Provincial Championship can be directed to the OCA office at 416-855-1717 or email@example.com.