The OCA is currently seeking candidates to fill the position of General Member, on the OCA Officials Committee. The General Member position is a two-year term. Eligible applicants include OCA licensed officials/commissaires, coaches, or athletes.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a short bio and resume stating your experience by Monday, March 4th 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The OCA Officials Committee’s mandate is to act as an advisory committee that supports the organization, development, evaluation, and assignments of officials in Ontario. The committee is comprised of five (5) members which include:
- Chair – assigned OCA staff member
- Road Chief Commissaire
- Off-Road Chief Commissaire
- Track Chief Commissaire
- General Member
Members of the committee are accountable to the CEO for carrying out its mandate in a way that contributes to the achievement of goals set out in the strategic plan, is consistent with organizational values, and policies, and falls within the approved annual budget.
Roles of the committee include:
- Assist in the planning for the ongoing recruitment and development of Officials.
- Review UCI/CC rule changes and recommend appropriate Provincial rule changes.
- Enforce applicable standards for OCA sanctioned events.
- Develop program guidelines and procedures related to the development, assignment, and evaluation of officials.
- Form and participate on advisory sub-committees to work on specific aspects of the Committee’s mandate.
For more information on the OCA Official Committee please refer to the attached Operational Policy.