Some exciting news for all you cycling enthusiasts in Ontario: the largest cycling event that Canada has every put on—Sea Otter—is coming to Blue Mountain, Ontario, from July 4th to the 7th.
Sea Otter is no ordinary bike event! It features 12 rides and races, with 6 on road and 6 on dirt. Need more convincing? Here’s the top 10 reasons to mark your calendar for July 4th, and make sure you’re registered for a race or for an expo pass so you can take part in the fun.
- Tons of rides and races including 6 road events, including Ontario’s most scenic Fondo, along with a number of innovative races including a criterium through the village at Blue Mountain and the brutal 8.8 kilometers and 270 meters of climbing up Pretty River Road for the Canadian Hill Climb Championship race.
- Tons of demo bikes. You’ll be able to test-ride hundreds of bikes, from downhill MTBs to speedy e-bikes to gravel machines to ultra-aero road bikes, available to ride on the best roads and trials in Ontario.
- Racing on the dirt, including the XC Relay for 1, 2 or 4 people. You’ll loop the XC short course through Blue Mountain’s slope-side village before hitting singletrack, giving friends and family plenty of opportunities to cheer you on. If you’re not an MTBer, you can still enjoy spectating the fast and furious pro racers tackling the same short track course, while you sip a beer at one of the local restaurants along the course.
- The gnarliest and most scenic gravel ride imaginable; The Scarecrow, sponsored by Cannondale, where you can choose between 40 and 80 kilometers of the area’s finest gravel terrain through Gibraltar and Little Germany.
- Rehydration with local craft beers and ciders from more than 10 local breweries and ciderhouses. Grab your pint in the village or join the Hub & Spoke Ride for a guided tour around the Blue Mountain area at a casual pace, hitting up local wineries, craft distilleries and breweries in the area.
- Some of the best bike spectating east of Whistler, including the return of the Dual Slalom. If you only spectate one event, make it this show-stopping speedy race between two riders down the ski hill at Blue Mountain.
- Get electrified at the massive eBike Demo Zone sponsored by BOSCH, where you’ll be able to borrow an eBike to zip from the main expo area into the heart of Blue Mountain’s base village and out to spectate different events.
- Try your first Enduro race: Ride up the 200-meter Niagara Escarpment at a chill pace, chatting with your friends, before bombing back down as fast as you can. The pros will be out in full force for this one, since it’s only Enduro World Series Qualifier event in Eastern Canada.
- Shop the massive bike expo: With over 200 brands on site, from smaller Canadian-made specialty items to the major bike brands like Cannondale and big outdoors brands like MEC, there’s plenty of new gear to check out. Canyon will even be launching their Canadian distribution at Sea Otter, so come check out what could be your next bike.
- At the end of the day, there’s simply no OTTER Cycling Festival in Canada like it.
ABOUT SEA OTTER:
Sea Otter originated in Monterey, California and has emerged as the largest cycling event in the world. Now in it’s 29th year, the Sea Otter Classic attracts over 75,000 cycling enthusiasts and 800 plus brands.
Sea Otter Canada joins The Sea Otter Europe in Girona, Spain as the next event in the International expansion.
Please visit seaottercanada.com to learn more and for registration—get your Expo pass and sign up for races early!